Monday, June 02, 2008

ramble, ramble

Ah ha! Can you imagine? If I stop running to Annabelle's side throughout the night each time she fusses only to hold her hand, so she can drift back to sleep...she will go back to sleep on her own. Imagine!

After losing way too much sleep doing the whole rub-her-hand-so-she'll-drift-back-to-sleep deal, my baby learned (after crying for 45 minutes straight) that I wouldn't be returning to her room and so, she just drifted back to sleep on her own. Now, Annabelle is finally on a nighttime routine, falling asleep each night at 8:30pm and not waking up until 7:30 in the morning. Nice. Now, if only she would somehow learn this for nap times. Hmm.

The gas prices are absolutely irritating. We stick close to home these days and stick to the basics while grocery shopping. Although, I'm finding that I need new, fresh recipe ideas. Each time I find a new recipe to try, it seems I'm missing some little ingredient in my cupboard. Does anyone have a list or maybe even your own ideas on some of the core ingredients we should keep in our cupboards for most meals or even creative ones?

And just for the fun of it... here's the comparison of how much my life has changed from Mother's Day 2007 to Mother's Day 2008. I love her so much.


Hmm...that pregnant picture makes me want to do it all over again. That picture with her makes me want to do it even more. Aren't babies the greatest?

Heather Dowling at 4:20 PM

2comments

2 Comments

at 11:13 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is getting so big and beautiful :) What a proud mama you are!! I was the same way with each milestone Madison reached...loving each moment! One of my greatest moments was when Madison told me that she loves me..it absolutely melted my heart!

We are still trying for baby #2..keep us in your prayers!

I miss you!
Lots of love,
Angie

 
at 10:54 AM Blogger danica said...

One of the things that's helped me have a somewhat stocked pantry is to make a list of dishes we enjoy -- and really, they all call for mostly basics! I don't have things like Worcesteshire sauce (bummer!!), and every once in awhile, I wish I did... but obviously not often enough to actually put it on my list. :) But also, if you start doing at least a bit of rough menu planning, then you can include a recipe that calls for something unusual, put it on your grocery list and squeeze that one special thing into your budget, and ta-da! It's in your pantry! :) Having an idea of the week (or two!) ahead really does help me to make sure I'm buying what I'll need, not buying what I won't need, and not making any last minute trips to the store. I'm nowhere near as organized as Bri about all of that, but even the bit that I do (a rough brainstorm, and a few meal ideas jotted down, a quick peek in the cupboards to make my grocery list) REALLY helps in this area.

...Love the picture with Annabelle!

 

Post a Comment