Sunday, September 28, 2008

silly Mama ramblings

Friday we went apple picking with the Dowling family clan. While the few pictures I took of Annabelle are sweet and actually show her doing a few things other than eating apples, I can assure you that Annabelle's time at the apple orchard was spent almost entirely eating apples. She has her very first diaper rash to prove it, and its a nasty one. Yes, I said her very first. Thankfully Annabelle has proved to be an amazing first child, as I guessed from her easy-going infant days. (Makes it easier to say "I want a dozen!"...okay, maybe not.) She's had two colds in her big 1 year of life, and they were simple, nurse-a-little-more-often, sleep-if-off, 2 days max colds. Never an earache, never medicine needed. She has five teeth and I have yet to see even a dribble of drool, let alone aching cries during the night or throughout the day from discomfort. If you're not throwing some pajamas on her by 7:30 and putting her to bed by 8, she'll let you know. For sure. She enjoys her bedtime schedule, and sleeps peacefully through the night, until I hear from her around 7-7:30am. Sometimes I wake up in the night and miss her. Crazy. She's a simple, laid-back girl...taking after her Daddy.

Other new Annabelle tid-bits: She never crawled. Never. Its doubtful she will too. While she always gets around by rolling and scooches, she's always favored walking. She scales the walls now to get from room to room, and we've caught her taking a few steps from furniture to furniture lately.
If you ask her how old she is she'll hold up one finger and proudly announce "one!". So cute.
I'm dreading cutting her hair, though its needed terribly. Somehow the first haircut just seems so, I don't know, BIG.

Heather Dowling at 6:27 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 1:41 PM Blogger mrsdmf72205 said...

I love the pictures of Annabelle apple-picking! How precious!:-)

MAYBE, just MAYBE, we'll be able to go apple-picking together next year!;-)

 

Post a Comment