Thursday, October 30, 2008

heartbeats

Yesterday this little family piled into the car and into the snow for my first ultrasound of baby #2. While the idea of having an extra ultrasound wasn't really in my goal plan for this pregnancy, by the time we left that little room I was grateful. I'll be honest, I haven't been as excited as I suppose I should be so far this pregnancy. Terrible morning sickness, unbearable headaches, and exhaustion not just from physical things but medicine (that is supposed to help) had me feeling more like a suffering victim that a jubilant mama-again-to-be. Leaving the hospital, after noting the little peanut growing so perfectly, I felt the needed "umph" to push through and the joy of a life growing inside me.

At one point the technician commented on the healthy heartbeat at 175bmp. My eyes actually filled up, and not for the reasons I thought they would. It just dawned on me, overwhelmingly so, that at just 8 weeks pregnant many women have aborted their babies. Babies with strong, healthy, living heartbeats. How on earth can someone not call that a life? With the election approaching and the candidates on so opposite sides of this issue, it just broke my heart to think of all lives that will be silenced with a Democrat in the White House. Little lives with real heartbeats. So we're praying much, these days, for the election, and praying for the biggest issues. Like little heartbeats.

***EDIT: An absolute must-read.

Heather Dowling at 11:15 AM

1comments

1 Comments

at 8:20 AM Blogger mrsdmf72205 said...

Once again, we're so excited for you all! So when is your exact due date now?

Love you guys!:-)

 

Post a Comment