Wednesday, November 05, 2008

prayers

We spent four hours in the Emergency Room last night with Annabelle. By 4pm yesterday afternoon I knew her bad cold had become much more with obvious signs of trouble breathing, horrid wheezing, and non-stop whining and moaning (not like my girl at all). Our ER visit was awful. I'm not even sure I can go into detail writing it out without coming to tears. So, after a round of doctors and nurses, breathing treatments, an x-ray (which I'm still having nightmares about), blood drawn, meds given and thrown up, another round of doctors and nurses, and bringing my baby home in a child's medical gown, she's being treated for pneumonia. My poor girl. She seems to be a bit better today with the medicine in her system and she napped this afternoon for an hour and a half, which is unheard of for her. I'm drained, but thankful. I'm cuddling her a lot more, handing her sippy cups as often as I can, and pouring prayer over her little body.

In the midst of all the craziness of the night, our plans of a nice dinner and off to the polls were washed out completely. By 8pm in the ER I looked at R.Jay and said "this is really it. we are actually going to miss out on the most historic election for this country." And we did. We never voted. I was a bit crushed, but focused on praying for my sick girl, and praying for our sick country.

We didn't get home until after 10pm and soberly watched as America voted in their next president. While he wasn't my pick for what seemed best for the country, and obviously my vote wasn't counted anyhow, I'm still going to lift him up in prayer as often as I can. I'll pray for his heart and his actions. I'll pray for his soul. And I'll certainly pray for America.

Heather Dowling at 8:51 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 11:17 PM Blogger mrsdmf72205 said...

Oh no! We're so sorry to hear about poor little Annabelle! We'll definitely be praying for her and for a speedy recovery!

P.S.-Let us know if there is anything we can do to help!

 

Post a Comment